Joy Battista

"Joy Battista" stands for the Joy of John the Baptist at the presence of Christ.

"And how have I deserved that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, the moment that the sound of thy greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leapt for joy." Luke 1:43-44

This blog is dedicated to all who seek the Joy of Christ's presence in their own lives.
This blog is also dedicated to the unborn, for John the Baptist was an unborn when he leapt for joy at the presence of Jesus who was also unborn at the time.

WELCOME!!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

She Conquered Her Pain

My 15 year old daughter, Michaela, attended camp CoHoLo (Courage, Hope, Love) last week. Camp CoHoLo provides a camp experience for children who have had or have cancer. There are two sessions divided by age. Michaela attended the second session along with about 80 other kids which ran from Wednesday through Sunday.

When Michaela got home she had a great time telling me all about camp. Her experience included sharing a cabin with 6 other girls and 2 camp counselors. They did obstacle courses, archery, laser gun games, crafts, rode down water slides, went into town to swim at the swimming pool, had a dance, had a kickball tournament, enjoyed campfires each evening and much more.

She went on and on telling me how much fun she had and all the funny things that happened. She also had a couple stories that required her to tell me about her own courage, hope and love.

One of those stories was about how she had been doing an activity that caused her to turn her foot and pull a muscle. The pain gradually became excruciating. But Michaela decided she was not going to let the pain interrupt her fun. The incident occurred just before the campers were planning to go swimming at the pool that was in town and she chose not to report it to her counselors. Instead, Michaela said she began to pray.

I asked her why she didn’t say anything to someone about it and she said, “I didn’t want to draw attention to myself.” She said she just kept walking on her foot during the outing to the pool even though it was extremely painful. And through it all she prayed.

She said when she laid in bed that night she prayed and prayed to God to heal her pain. In the morning the pain remained. But as the day went on it got better until it finally subsided.

All I can say now is that I thank God, again, for healing my child. And I thank God that Michaela goes to him for her needs. What more could a parent ask for?

Please share if you have a story of your own child’s faith in God by adding a comment here!

No comments: