Joy Battista

"Joy Battista" stands for the Joy of John the Baptist at the presence of Christ.

"And how have I deserved that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, the moment that the sound of thy greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leapt for joy." Luke 1:43-44

This blog is dedicated to all who seek the Joy of Christ's presence in their own lives.
This blog is also dedicated to the unborn, for John the Baptist was an unborn when he leapt for joy at the presence of Jesus who was also unborn at the time.

WELCOME!!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

My Child Has Struggled......

My child has struggled,
She struggles now,
She will always struggle...
                                 it seems.
Worried about the future with genuine legitimate concern.

I told her, with all the faith I could muster
                                "Don't Worry."

I reminded her, in the midst of her dryness,
                                 "You are happy 90% of the time!"

To which she said,
                                  "no I'm not."

Then she stopped and thought about it and said,
                                  "well, I'm usually happy."

I admire her, without faith, she would be absolutely desolate,
                                  by worldly standards anyway.

She seems to always find a way to think of something to make her happy.
This time it was thoughts of the amusement park we had just been to.

A few moments later I, with all the faith I could muster, assured her again,
                                  "God always has taken care of you and He always will."

 And she looked at me and nodded and smiled.

 So I had to go to church and adore our Lord at my regularly scheduled Holy Hour soon after this talk.

I didn't know I needed to be evangelized until....

9:05pm when I entered my silent church on a hot Sunday night,
except for the creeks of the church,
movement of adorers,
sound of a car engine on the adjacent street,
and the buzz of cicadas,
it was as silent as possible.

I recognized four others in this House of God to be:
an attorney and her mate, a seminarian, and the regular adorer who is always there before me.

On my way to the side chapel I knelt in the center of the pews and made the sign of the cross. I then made my way over to where I signed in for my 9:00pm hour and then took my spot of adoration.

I knelt and greeted our Lord.

Within minutes a strong looking husband/father/grandfather whom I also recognized came over to the side chapel where I knelt. From where he came I did not see.

He kissed his hand and touched the feet of the statue of Jesus who stands tall with his right finger touching his sacred and exposed beautiful heart, while his other hand is raised and making the peace sign.

And the grandfather, recovered from his winter heart attack, looked at Jesus in faith for a moment.

Then he took three steps over to the relic of a Doctor of the Church, St. Teresa of Lisieux, and again kissed his hand then touched the statuary holding her relic at the place where it stays.

Then he took another step over, and touched a crucifix which was directly in front of me.

Yes, he touched our Lords feet where they have been crucified.

The faith of those present there with me was thick and heavy and definite.

 It only took but a few moments for me to be assured of His real, true, unwavering, constant presence.

 This is a union of Saints, those living here and now that evangelize me.

No comments: