Joy Battista

"Joy Battista" stands for the Joy of John the Baptist at the presence of Christ.

"And how have I deserved that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, the moment that the sound of thy greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leapt for joy." Luke 1:43-44

This blog is dedicated to all who seek the Joy of Christ's presence in their own lives.
This blog is also dedicated to the unborn, for John the Baptist was an unborn when he leapt for joy at the presence of Jesus who was also unborn at the time.

WELCOME!!

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Humility Courage Intelligence

Humility, courage, intelligence......are three quailities I want for my children.  In fact I've had one on one talks with my children about these three things because I feel so strongly about them. Recently a video went viral with movie star Ashton Kutcher telling young people how to live their lives.  To summarize his entire video he told young people these things: work hard, to be sexy is to be generous, thoughtful and smart, and he told young people to build their lives by paving their own path, not just following what everyone else is doing.

I think the advice from Ashton is good, and the way it was charismatically presented was very effective.  I had my 18 year old and almost 14 year old watch the video.  My favorite line is," Don't let anybody sell you anything about being sexy other than to be generous, thoughtful and smart, everything else is crap!"  He is right and I'm glad he said it.  It's about time somebody in Hollywood said something to young people that actually values their dignity, doesn't treat them as objects, and guides them appropriately to be better people.

I just want to add a couple things to his advice that I have tried to impress upon my children:  Be HUMBLE and COURAGEOUS, and like Ashton said about being smart, have INTELLIGENCE!

Here is what I have said to my children:

Be HUMBLE, have HUMILITY which means rely on God for everything, pray and remember every good thing, every grace, every talent comes from God. Never live life as though you are better than anyone else. And when life gets you down.....go to God and pray. Always keep God first in your life.

Be COURAGEOUS...with your life, don't be afraid, take risks, charge on and serve.  It takes courage to serve. I've known people who put their very lives above others and this is so courageous.  This is what has drawn me to them!  There is so much I could say about courage, it is a gift and it is something that we should, with all HUMILITY, pray for.

Finally, be INTELLIGENT....study hard, work hard and use what you know to better the world. If this is elusive it would be wise/intelligent to pray for it.

I will admit, I have not always seen my children living out these things all the time but I plan to keep working to do my best to be their example and I will keep talking to them and praying for them on all of the above.  I hope by blogging about this I can inspire others to do the same!

Go HERE if you would like to view Ashton Kutcher's video.







No comments: