Joy Battista

"Joy Battista" stands for the Joy of John the Baptist at the presence of Christ.

"And how have I deserved that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, the moment that the sound of thy greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leapt for joy." Luke 1:43-44

This blog is dedicated to all who seek the Joy of Christ's presence in their own lives.
This blog is also dedicated to the unborn, for John the Baptist was an unborn when he leapt for joy at the presence of Jesus who was also unborn at the time.

WELCOME!!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Busy Busy Busy Mom......

Since the beginning of my blog I think this is the longest I have gone without posting my own article. My last post was an easy and fast post, a link to somebody else's article about Christopher Columbus. I hope you read and enjoyed it.

Like all work at home moms(we all work, whether paid or not)I have lots to do, therefore have put blogging on the back burner this past week.

I have been pre-occupied with other things and I hope you will stick with me now and in the future because I want to be here to give you inspiration, cheer you on and just be a friend and ally to you on your journey through life.

Here's what I have been up to though, just in case you wanted to know. As the President of the Confraternity of Christian Mothers at Church I have been preparing for our new member initiation and brunch which will happen next Saturday. This has given me some extra busy work, but I have enjoyed it. If you are a St. Teresa's mom and still want to attend, be sure to let me know! I'd love to see you there.

I have written three articles and am in the middle of a fourth one. The first was for the Fall Witherbee Neighborhood Association Newsletter. I took pictures of the St. Teresa's feast day parish family picnic and submitted them along with an article. I had a deadline for this and, hooray, made my deadline. For those of you who attended, newsletters will be in the vestibule of church soon. You or one of your children may be pictured. I also accepted a position on the WNA board of directors. I have enjoyed writing articles for them for the past year about St. Teresa's and definitely want to continue my involvement with them. So they had asked me to submit a profile and picture of myself to place in their newsletter to introduce me as a new board member. Again I wrote a little profile article and met my deadline, hooray. If you have any future article ideas for the Witherbee Neighborhood Association, let me know! And my third article was a Varicak Family description for the photo album our school is putting together. I put a deadline for that one myself so I would be done with it and wouldn't have to think about it again, hooray. None of the above was difficult, but it all kept me busy busy busy.

The fourth article which I am still working on is about Sue Kuoma Johnson, whom I interviewed for my blog. She will be the October feature of a successful home based business mom. Sue is the mother of five whose childhood dream of becoming an artist has come true. Sue now travels the country and sells her fantastic paintings. Watch for this article to be posted soon! You won't want to miss Sue's inspirational story.

On top of the articles, I decided to hold a Premier Designs Jewelry Show. I used to be a consultant for Premier several years ago. My friend Brenda just became a consultant, so to help her out I decided to hold a show. I also wanted to see the latest in offerings by Premier and try to earn some free jewelry by holding the show. This is an economical way of treating myself to something special and sparkly and do a little Christmas shopping at the same time. The show is in a week and a half and I have also been busy preparing for it. If you are reading this and you personally know me, of course you are invited. I gave Brenda about 35 names and addresses of those to invite whose addresses I had easy access to. So if you did not receive one just give me a call and I'll give you the details if you'd like to see the catalog or attend.

So now that you know some things that I have been up to on top of mothering four children and trying to be a loving wife, I hope you come back again because as I said before I aim to inspire you and help you along your life's journey through stories of success and adventure and love. I believe that giving of ourselves to the Church and Community as well as being a good friend are beautiful ways to teach our children how to be good Christians. So though we are busy busy busy with little and some big things we can strive to serve out of love.

St. Josemaria Escriva said, "Do everything for love. In that way there will be no little things: everything will be big. Perseverence in the little things for love is heroism."

To me all the things we do in our own lives that make us so busy are the little things that will make us heroes, IF, we do them out of love!

No comments: