Joy Battista

"Joy Battista" stands for the Joy of John the Baptist at the presence of Christ.

"And how have I deserved that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, the moment that the sound of thy greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leapt for joy." Luke 1:43-44

This blog is dedicated to all who seek the Joy of Christ's presence in their own lives.
This blog is also dedicated to the unborn, for John the Baptist was an unborn when he leapt for joy at the presence of Jesus who was also unborn at the time.

WELCOME!!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Shopping Trip Adventure for Mother of Five

The following is a facebook post I read from my friend Karrie Seeman. I loved it so much I asked her permission to share it on my blog and of course she said yes! Enjoy.

The other day I took all five kids shopping at Walmart. Last time I did this I got looks from people and a checkout lady who seemed irritated with my bunch (and they were well behaved that day. ) I guess I forgot about that day until the looks started as soon as I went down the first isle.

Ok here we go..... By the second lane I spotted a man who was staring with somewhat of a disgusted look. I'm sure he was trying to avoid us but by the third isle there we were again, Facing each other this time. Just when I was about to ask him...."what? Do you own this store?" I stepped out of my situation and looked at us....Joe was on the bottom of the cart face and stomach down and his arms and legs hanging off the front and the back like superman, Gabby was walking along arm extended hitting everything on the shelves as we walked by, Maggie was in the top front of the cart singing a one word song she made up titled diarrhea , and Grace was 10 ft behind us with the fresh bread we bought half way up her nose still saying mmmm it smells so good. SO..... I guess it was a lot to take in for a single guy.

By the 5th isle the man smiled at us and when we finally made it to the front he said WOW you really have your hands full. Again I wanted to say " well we both made it up here at the same time" instead I thought about his comment..... And I DO have my hands full. THANKS BE TO GOD!!!!

I think by the time we got up to the front we grew on him. Who knows what his story was... We will never know but I know we made his day a little more exciting. Maybe his initial look was because he was just having a bad day and as the store time went on he enjoyed being a part of our energy or should I say on that day, circus.

I'm happy I took the time that day to enjoy my life in a big family! I'm thankful to God my hands are full even though some days It's not easy. When I think about that comment I realize that my hands are full and because of that so is my heart.

Needless to say the trip to the parking lot was a continuation of craziness. Joe dropped a gallon of milk and it spilled all over the parking lot and as we finally had a chance to pull away our side van door fell off in the parking lot. YES..... We were worth staring at that day!! It worked out because it gave my hero of a husband a chance to come out and save the day! When he showed up to help us the kids cheered like superman had just arrived and then we realized that in all our imperfections we have a beautiful family. We are so blessed. No need to worry when people stare.... Maybe they miss their family, maybe their having a tough day and maybe just maybe we are a sight to see!

God is Good!

1 comment:

fullofgracex9 said...

Thanks for sharing that...and thanks to Karrie too!! I love reading things like this...because it is so familiar! :) Our hands are full...empty would be so hard.