Joy Battista

"Joy Battista" stands for the Joy of John the Baptist at the presence of Christ.

"And how have I deserved that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, the moment that the sound of thy greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leapt for joy." Luke 1:43-44

This blog is dedicated to all who seek the Joy of Christ's presence in their own lives.
This blog is also dedicated to the unborn, for John the Baptist was an unborn when he leapt for joy at the presence of Jesus who was also unborn at the time.

WELCOME!!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Task for a Christian

Look around my blog. Scroll up and down, I've been adding new features to it. I've added some things that I think are important, deep, beautiful and that I just have got to share! Click on to anything that looks interesting to you from the labels to the archives to the most popular posts.

A new feature I have added is a quote from St. Josemaria Escriva that I have made as a permanent sideview on the blog and this is the quote:


"The task for a Christian is to drown evil in an abundance of good. It is not a question of negative campaigns, or of being anti anything. On the contrary, we should live positively, full of optimism, with youthfulness, joy and peace. We should be understanding with everybody, with the followers of Christ with those who abandon him, or do not know him at all. But understanding does not mean holding back, or remaining indifferent, but being active." St. Josemaria Escriva, The Furrow, op. cit., n. 864

I had read this from my "You Can Become a Saint" book by Mary Ann Budnik. I also had the privilege of discussing it with other women in my study based on the same book earlier this week. It struck a chord with all of us and we all agreed that it was powerful.

I feel it is a great quote to contemplate and live as we seem to be living in times of such religious, social, cultural, economic and political divisions. It is time we seriously work to unite for a more peaceful world. Let's do this by drowning out evil in an abundance of good. We can all do acts of kindness and good. Peace to You All!

No comments: