Joy Battista

"Joy Battista" stands for the Joy of John the Baptist at the presence of Christ.

"And how have I deserved that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, the moment that the sound of thy greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leapt for joy." Luke 1:43-44

This blog is dedicated to all who seek the Joy of Christ's presence in their own lives.
This blog is also dedicated to the unborn, for John the Baptist was an unborn when he leapt for joy at the presence of Jesus who was also unborn at the time.

WELCOME!!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Just Sharing!

I don’t know about you but sometimes I can really become desolate. I’ve had a dry spiritual feeling lately and I kind of know why but I haven’t really tried to make the necessary changes in my life to get the consoled feelings of God’s presence back into my life. My excuses are that it has been a crazy busy summer and it's hard to take the time for God. But I know I need to get to Confession, and I need to get to daily Mass more often. I was recently reminded by a friend that Mother Teresa lived with spiritual aridity for fifty years. And she didn’t have excuses like me, she got to daily Mass, did a holy hour daily, prayed her rosary constantly and gave her life to the poor. After hearing my friend remind me of this I realized how weak I am that I have to be consoled all the time. For heavens sake it has only been about a month that I have felt this way.

But anyways, last night I was lying in bed feeling completely desolate and wanting God’s help. I just laid there and prayed a couple times, “Jesus Help Me.” My prayers became, “All the Saints in Heaven Pray for me. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, Pray for Me, Help Me. Father, Son and Holy Spirit heal me.” I found myself praying very deeply. My acid reflux had flared up and I was having a serious bout of heart burn. It didn’t really burn though, it hurt, and it felt like it was deep down in my chest. It was my heart that hurt and I was worried. And guess what, after a few minutes of heartfelt prayers my pain subsided, I got a warm feeling all over and I could truly feel the presence of God. Then I laid there in awe and thanksgiving.

My previous desolation had come not only from a lack of a strong Sacramental life, but a recent scandal in the Church. The scandal of Father John Corapi has really bothered me. If you don’t know, he is a very Charismatic Priest that has fallen away from the Priesthood. If you want to know more I’m sure a quick google of his name will give you plenty of information about him. But my husband used to love to listen to Father Corapi as did thousands of others who really connected with his style of preaching. He indeed brought many into the Church and back to the Church doing wonders it seemed.

Well, I had started doubting, but miraculously God healed my heart in more than one way. Not only did I receive a physical healing but a spiritual healing. I know for a fact God is present, he has not abandoned me, he is here. And he is just a good heartfelt prayer away always.

This was a small thing for me to share…..and I share with trepidation because I don’t want to receive a bit of attention for it. In fact no need to comment about this post because through it I give all the Glory to God because it is He that is here to heal us all. I’d like to thank a good friend who encouraged me to blog about this, you know who you are, for it is the little things done with great love that God seeks of us. This blog is but a little thing I do for God and I praise Him for giving me the courage to share.

God Bless You and Know that God Never Leaves You, whether you feel his presence or not!!

No comments: