Joy Battista

"Joy Battista" stands for the Joy of John the Baptist at the presence of Christ.

"And how have I deserved that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, the moment that the sound of thy greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leapt for joy." Luke 1:43-44

This blog is dedicated to all who seek the Joy of Christ's presence in their own lives.
This blog is also dedicated to the unborn, for John the Baptist was an unborn when he leapt for joy at the presence of Jesus who was also unborn at the time.

WELCOME!!

Monday, July 25, 2011

A Little Wisdom From the Saints

I love my Holy Hours of Adoration I do every Sunday evening at Church. It is a quiet time of reflection to adore, pray, read, and ask God for my needs. My Church provides a mini library of books to read and of course the bible is right there to pray with as well. Last night at my Holy Hour I came across several Saint quotes that I'd like to share. I loved the first one that I am sharing because I was at Church and had the ability to imitate this Saint's little piece of wisdom. Maybe you can benefit from his wisdom too.

"When tempted to despair, I have only one resource: to throw myself at the foot of the Tabernacle like a little dog at the foot of his master." St. John Vianney

I went into my Holy Hour last night looking for God to provide me with an answer to a big question. He didn't whisper the answer into my mind or provide some sort of direct response to my question but he asked me to trust in Divine Providence for my needs with the following:

"In building, we need not act as the people of the world do. They first procure the money and then begin to build, but we must do just the opposite. We will begin to build and then expect to receive what is necessary from Divine Providence. The Lord will not be out done in generosity." St. Alphonsus Liguori

"The more you abandon to God the care of all temporal things, the more He will take care to provide for all your wants; but if, on the contrary, you try to supply all your needs, Providence will allow you to continue to do just that, and then it may very well happen that even necessities will be lacking, God thus reproving you for your want of faith and reliance in Him." St. Jean Baptiste De La Salle

And Finally, "Cast yourself into the arms of God and be very sure that if He wants anything of you, He will fit you for the work and give you strength." Philip Neri


These quotes were from the book: "The Wisdom of the Saints." by Jill Hawk Adels pg 55-58

God Bless You and May You Trust in God!!

1 comment:

Lucy Langdon said...

Thanks for sharing these, Jackie. I especially found the John Vianney quote to be helpful.
These are little snacks for the soul!