Joy Battista

"Joy Battista" stands for the Joy of John the Baptist at the presence of Christ.

"And how have I deserved that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, the moment that the sound of thy greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leapt for joy." Luke 1:43-44

This blog is dedicated to all who seek the Joy of Christ's presence in their own lives.
This blog is also dedicated to the unborn, for John the Baptist was an unborn when he leapt for joy at the presence of Jesus who was also unborn at the time.

WELCOME!!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

God's Wondrous Deeds

I zoomed in on the following giant verse at Mass this morning from Psalm 96:2-3, “Sing to the Lord; bless his name: announce his salvation, day after day. Tell his glory among the nations; among all peoples, his wondrous deeds.”

I think I could make this passage my life’s motto. It sums everything up for me. It pinpoints what I should do and why I should do it. At this moment I am writing to do what I am asked in this passage. I am announcing the Lord’s salvation to you!!! He is glorious and he has done wondrous deeds!

Long ago I wrote a prayer. Here is the main line of that prayer:

Dear Lord, let the cure of my child bring souls to Christ, not just one…..but many, many.

I was praying for my daughter Michaela to be cured of her leukemia. She was going through her second bout of it and we had to face the fact that she could die. I cannot express to you how hard I prayed. But it was very intense and I prayed often, and that was one of the prayers that was said from the bottom of my heart. I still pray today, "Dear Lord, let the cure of Michaela bring souls to Christ."

She has been cured and I like to share with others that it is because of God. I sing of his praises and bless his name and announce his salvation. I will do this day after day, especially in my heart. I will tell of his glory and of this wondrous deed. God saved Michaela, Hallelujah!!

Most importantly, God opened the doors of Heaven for us all through Christ, Hallelujah!! Persevere in drawing close to Him, day after day. Make your prayers intense and never stop, for he has wondrous deeds waiting for you.

No comments: