Joy Battista

"Joy Battista" stands for the Joy of John the Baptist at the presence of Christ.

"And how have I deserved that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, the moment that the sound of thy greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leapt for joy." Luke 1:43-44

This blog is dedicated to all who seek the Joy of Christ's presence in their own lives.
This blog is also dedicated to the unborn, for John the Baptist was an unborn when he leapt for joy at the presence of Jesus who was also unborn at the time.

WELCOME!!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Strength for Battle

There used to be a large family that would come into church during my weekly holy hour of adoration. They came to pray the rosary and they would recite it out loud. This was beautiful and melted my heart. I wrote a poem about it and framed it and gave it to the family.

I love to pray the rosary myself. As I have been studying how to become a saint I have learned that I should write myself a "plan of life." This is a list of items I should accomplish each day. One of those items is to pray the rosary. I am happy that I have already been doing it. Because I love the rosary so much the poem I wrote came to me easily.

As you read the poem you may notice a military feel to it. It reminds me of the church militant. The church militant are all living members of Christ's church that battle through life in a faithful way.

I know that many military service men and women depend on their rosaries for strength and protection and this would be a great poem for them to read every once and a while. If you know of a military member that you think would appreciate the following poem please share it. Thank them for me for their dedicated service to our freedoms. This is my gift to them.

The Cadence

Strength for battle
the rhythm sustains,
accompanying the journey
through thunder and rain.

Duress is afoot,
the march carries on,
row upon row,
ten at a time.

The tips of fingers,
and movement of lips,
the strength of voice
carries forward each step.

The brave that need hope
this formation they’ll make,
over and over,
day after day.

The saints did it too
proclaiming its power
to save the soul
from death at the hour.

March with the Queen
Who’ll lead to the King
then praise Him forever
where freedom will ring.

(I have framed this with a rosary a few times and given it as gifts. If you are interested in looking at the picture let me know. I would have posted the picture here but haven't figured out how to post pictures on my blog yet. If you know how to do that too, let me know.)

No comments: