Joy Battista

"Joy Battista" stands for the Joy of John the Baptist at the presence of Christ.

"And how have I deserved that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, the moment that the sound of thy greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leapt for joy." Luke 1:43-44

This blog is dedicated to all who seek the Joy of Christ's presence in their own lives.
This blog is also dedicated to the unborn, for John the Baptist was an unborn when he leapt for joy at the presence of Jesus who was also unborn at the time.

WELCOME!!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Life With God is an Adventure

If you have read my last few blog posts you will know I have been embarking on a traditional spirituality study called “You Can Become a Saint.” My post, “It’s Hard to Become a Saint” talked about some of my trials since I began the study.

One very comforting thing I have learned about Saints is that they were all people like you and me. They had normal lives. They lived in families and belonged to communities and they experienced both joys and sufferings. What sets them apart is that they lived lives of heroic virtue. They persevered in striving to live their lives yielding to God. We can all do the same. And this will be very exciting.

I have been inspired by the following statement I read in my, “You Can Become a Saint,” workbook by Mary Ann Budnik, “If we stop trying to control our lives and work, they become an exciting adventure. God does take us to places and events we never could have experienced on our own. We find ourselves experiencing things we never dreamed possible. All because we let go and let God participate in our lives.”

One thing I never dreamed would happen is that Mary Ann Budnik has been alerted to this blog and I have corresponded with her. She will be checking in every now and then on how things are going. I’m looking forward to all the adventures ahead.

For more information on Mary Ann Budnik and her book, go to http://www.rbmediainc.com/.

Do you have an adventure you know God has taken you on? If so please share.

No comments: