Joy Battista

"Joy Battista" stands for the Joy of John the Baptist at the presence of Christ.

"And how have I deserved that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, the moment that the sound of thy greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leapt for joy." Luke 1:43-44

This blog is dedicated to all who seek the Joy of Christ's presence in their own lives.
This blog is also dedicated to the unborn, for John the Baptist was an unborn when he leapt for joy at the presence of Jesus who was also unborn at the time.

WELCOME!!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Faith & Family Live! : The Best Kept Secret of the Kitchen

Faith & Family Live! : The Best Kept Secret of the Kitchen

I learned a few years ago, through a study titled "Called and Gifted," by the Catherine of Siena Institute, that every person has at least one charism. It is our job to discern what charism God has given to us. I learned we may have one, or a few or many charisms. But to find your charism you must look at what you are drawn to and how others are drawn to you and practice that possible charism. Whatever comes naturally and draws others to Christ through you is likely your special charism. There are 24 charisms listed in the bible. Some of them are: administration, craftsmanship, Faith, healing, hospitality, pastoring, service and writing.

I had posed a question while I was taking this study as to whether mothering could be a charism. It is not one of those listed 24. The study taught that there are as many charisms as there are people. Further, when the question was posed to our Parish priest, he was confident that mothering was indeed a charism.

I am still discerning, and have been for quite some time, whether writing is one of my charisms as well. That is why I write this blog. It is my way of practicing a possible charism.

I came across the above article today about cooking in the kitchen being a charism and I wanted to share it with you. It seems that anything, such as the simple act of cooking for our family, can be a charism because it is a gift of Christ's love.

Click onto the orange Faith and Family link above for the great article that every parent should read. And for more information on finding your other charisms go to www.siena.org. Or write to The Catherine of Siena Institute Press, PO Box 26440, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80936.

Do you have a charism? If you know, please comment.

No comments: