Joy Battista

"Joy Battista" stands for the Joy of John the Baptist at the presence of Christ.

"And how have I deserved that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, the moment that the sound of thy greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leapt for joy." Luke 1:43-44

This blog is dedicated to all who seek the Joy of Christ's presence in their own lives.
This blog is also dedicated to the unborn, for John the Baptist was an unborn when he leapt for joy at the presence of Jesus who was also unborn at the time.

WELCOME!!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

When You Feel Lonely..... You Are Not Alone

Even amongst friends, family and neighbors I often feel lonely. Many times in a crowded room I feel inadequate and unsure of myself. Writing this blog and sharing it makes me feel very uneasy most of the time. But something pushes me to do it anyways. I have a feeling there are other people out there in this world that have similar types of feelings and this post is for them.

If you are a regular e-mail user you probably receive powerful messages and stories that are forwarded to you. Sometimes you may get annoyed at those that are chain letter prayers that warn you not to break the chain. I’m one of those people who usually breaks the chain. Maybe that’s why I feel lonely so often (not really). But sometimes something comes across those forwarded messages that is worth sharing and the following is one of those. I received these inspirations many years ago when my printer was not working. I loved them so much that I hand wrote them all out and went and had them laminated. The only problem is I have no idea who wrote them or if they have a copy write to not copy them. So if I get caught publishing these much needed messages of inspiration, I pray that the author forgives me and appreciates that their words are still circulating, and if I knew who the author was I would certainly give them credit for it and would have asked permission if I had their name.

So if you ever feel lonely, or worried or even confused sometimes like I do, I hope you find comfort with these words from an unknown author, and God:

You say, “It’s impossible,”
God says, “All things are possible.” (Luke 18:27)
You say, “I’m too tired,”
God says, “I will give you rest.” (Matt 11:20-20)
You say, “Nobody loves me,”
God says, “I love you.” (John 3:16-John 13:34)
You say, “I can’t go on,”
God says, “My grace is sufficient.” (II Cor. 12:9-Psalm 91-15)
You say, “I can’t figure things out,”
God says, “I will direct your steps,” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
You say, “I can’t do it,”
God says, “You can do all things in me.” (Phil. 4:13)
You say, “It’s not worth it,”
God says, “It will be worth it.” (Romans 8:28)
You say, “I can’t forgive myself,”
God says, “I forgive you.” (1 John 1:9-Romans 8:1)
You say, “I can’t manage,”
God says, “I will supply all your needs.” (Phil 4:19)
You say, “I’m afraid,”
God says, “I have not given you a spirit of fear.” (11 Tim, 1:7)
You say, “I’m always worried and frustrated,”
God says, Cast all you cares on me.” (1 Peter 5:7)
You say, “I don’t have enough faith,”
God says, “I’ve given everyone a measure of faith.”
You say, “I’m not smart enough,”
God says, “I give you wisdom.” (1 Cor 1:30)
You say, “I feel alone,”
God says, “I will never leave you or forsake you.” (Heb, 13:5)

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Jackie,
Thank you for these beautiful thoughts and words of encouragement. I intend to print this one out also! It is easy to see how God is using moments of loneliness and self doupt to bring us to himself! Thank you for the lovely reminder. Keep blogging and good luck keeping up with the laundry! :)