Joy Battista

"Joy Battista" stands for the Joy of John the Baptist at the presence of Christ.

"And how have I deserved that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, the moment that the sound of thy greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leapt for joy." Luke 1:43-44

This blog is dedicated to all who seek the Joy of Christ's presence in their own lives.
This blog is also dedicated to the unborn, for John the Baptist was an unborn when he leapt for joy at the presence of Jesus who was also unborn at the time.

WELCOME!!

Friday, December 10, 2010

"A Baby Changes Everything"

A friend posted a song and video on face book called “A Baby Changes Everything.” I wish I could figure out how to post it here. I shared it on my face book page if you’d like to go there and watch it. It has video clips from The Nativity Story movie and The Passion of the Christ movie done to a beautiful and moving song called "A Baby Changes Everything." If you have not seen it, you have got to find it before Christmas. It is fabulous!! You can also find it on GodTube which is where it originated.

The thing I have been contemplating and pondering after watching the video is how overwhelmingly difficult life was for the Holy Family. You know, I complain a lot. Much of my complaining is in my head. I think to myself…I wish I had this, or I wish I could do that, or I wish I could go there, or be able to buy such and such… and on and on.

I find myself pondering, this advent, thanks to that video….how Mary and Joseph had nothing but a donkey when it came time to give birth to God. I actually wish I could empty myself and my home of so many things so I could experience them fully.

I have a little book called “Mothering, Becoming the Heart of the Home.” by Rosalie McPhee. It describes The Little Mandate which was given to Catherine Doherty from the Holy Spirit as she listened intently to hear how God wanted her to live the Gospel. The very first mandate says, “Arise-go! Sell all you possess. Give it directly personally to the poor.” The next mandate says, “Take up My cross (their cross) and follow Me…going to the poor…being poor…being one with them…one with me.” Next, “Little, be always little! Be simple…poor…childlike.”

When I first read these mandates I didn’t understand until I really thought deeply about the Holy Family. They are my example.

No comments: