Joy Battista

"Joy Battista" stands for the Joy of John the Baptist at the presence of Christ.

"And how have I deserved that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, the moment that the sound of thy greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leapt for joy." Luke 1:43-44

This blog is dedicated to all who seek the Joy of Christ's presence in their own lives.
This blog is also dedicated to the unborn, for John the Baptist was an unborn when he leapt for joy at the presence of Jesus who was also unborn at the time.

WELCOME!!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sad News, Good News and Pictures!

I'd like to give a little update on BJ, the boy I blogged about on December 22nd. He passed away that night. I couldn't bring myself to update his fate until now because of my emotions and because I wanted to spare you the sad news the week of Christmas.

The news hit Will, Michaela and I hard. Michaela remembered BJ from camp last summer and his cancer was the same kind she had. She has been blessed to survive her cancer twice. We feel so bad for BJ and pray for his family now.

But the good news is that I realize, because of BJ, that the best Christmas gift I received this year was good health for all of my family!! Literally all of my immediate and extended family enjoyed Christmas without much more than a sniffle. As far as I know family from far away also enjoyed the holidays with good health too. I do not take any of it for granted!! It is a gift from God.

I've not put a picture gallery together of my family on this blog yet, so I thought I would do a sample of photos to celebrate God's gift of good health. Thank You Baby Jesus for blessing us abundantly this Christmas season!!

You will be treated to the kids enjoying the holidays and also baptism pictures of my new Godchild Graham Michael! Graham was baptized December 26th. This was another gift from Baby Jesus to our entire family!! Enjoy


Christmas eve morning frosting cookies


Happy 3 year old Daniel


Pretty and Healthy 15 year old Michaela


This was a picture I plugged in from our Christmas card (not mailed yet, yikes) because after Christmas Eve services Cole and Eric changed too fast for me to get them in their church clothes.


Will playing cards with Cole and Michaela Christmas Eve


Christmas morning the kids each found two presents from Santa and one more from Will and I.


Christmas Morning Breakfast


Graham, held by Michaela, is getting ready to be baptized while cousins Carlin and Sydney look from behind.


I'm in the red watching Graham get baptized!


Such a happy moment with my sister Ann and her husband, proud daddy, Matt.


My brother Chris, on the left, stood in for the Godfather (a friend of Matt's) and we all posed with Father Jirosvsky of St. Johns Parish in Lincoln, NE.


Big brother Charlie is the cute two year blonde in the picture


Annie and Graham gaze at each other with delight after his baptism that Christmas weekend. Oh what a blessing!! Can you imagine the gazes between Mary and Jesus that first Christmas. This picture is maybe a sliver of that love....

No comments: